Mid Wales My Way eNewsletter
Welcome to Mid Wales - a destination for all seasons!
Featuring incredible natural beauty, wildlife, cultural heritage, national trails, festivals, fabulous food and delightfully individual spa and market towns.
We would like to invite you to:
- Stride out along fabulous walking trails. Choose from two National Trails - Glyndwr's Way and Offa's Dyke Path, The Beacons Way and the scenic high of the Kerry Ridgeway. For less or a ramble, we have gentle lakeside, river and woodland routes.
- Explore the Elan Valley - one of Britain's last surviving wildernesses or the Brecon Beacons National Park - no boundaries, just big open spaces, now also boasting 'Dark Sky Status'.
- Take to the water fishing on Lake Vyrnwy or the River Severn, paddling down the Wye - or hop aboard a canal boat on the Montgomery or Mon and Brec Canal.
- Take to two wheels. On the road you can pedal into cycling nirvana almost everywhere. One staircase to heaven is the climb to Hay Bluff, one of the highest mountain roads in Wales, with views to match. A popular ride is The Radnor Ring - a scenic 86 mile loop. Lon Cambria and Lon Las Cymru, two National Cycling Trails have much of their journeys here in Mid Wales. For family-friendly rides head to Lake Vyrnwy, the Montgomery or Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal, or Garwnant, with mini mountain bike trails and a skills park for young tricksters. Excellent mountain biking trails can be found in Machynlleth, Llanwrtyd Wells, the Brecon Beacons and the Elan Valley.
- Be adventurous - taking to the giddy heights in a glider or racing along zip wires, climbing and high rope challenges, or going below ground on a caving adventure.
- Join us at one of our major festivals and events. Mid Wales is home to an enviable arts scene with Hay Literary Festival, Brecon Jazz, Gregynog, Green Man, and Machynlleth Comedy Festivals. Llanwrtyd Wells, the smallest town in Britain, hosts weird and wacky events, including The World Bog Snorkelling championships and the Real Ale Ramble. The hugely popular World Alternative Games returns to Llanwrtyd this August. And this coming September 7th sees us hosting a stage finish of The Tour of Britain Cycle Race.
- Discover our galleries, independent stores and eateries, which make our towns a delight.
- Add spa hotels, cosy b&bs, home from home cottages, camping and glamping to the mix to complete the package.
Order a copy of our brochure today and start planning your next adventure to Mid Wales.